I started writing this blog post before we went into the hospital. I made sure my bags were packed at 35 weeks just in case we had to go into the hospital earlier. I know how helpful it is to share what I packed in my hospital bag and what was useful. Which since we are in a pandemic my packing has changed a little. I am not wanting to pack too much and also make sure what I do pack I can sanitize and wash once we are home from the hospital.I was not that surprised that all of the postpartum items I packed I didn’t actually need.
The hospital has all of that stuff such as nipple cream, ice packs, etc. They even had all my medications which I had brought to the hospital not knowing they would have my medicines for me to take every day. We also had to pack masks since they were required at our hospital with being in a pandemic.
- Toothbrush & Travel Toothpaste
- Make-up (only taking Bobbi Brown foundation stick, Blush, & Concealer)
- Hair straightener
- travel shampoo + conditioner
- small bar soap (made sure to bring a non scented one since they don’t want you using scented ones after birth)
- Essentials for breast feeding (nipple cream, breast ice packs, etc) I am not bringing my pump thought it was unnecessary. (Your hospital should supply you a pump if you are breastfeeding)
- Small travel lotion
- Contacts & glasses + glass case
- Maternity Tank ( I have the white & black) & gym shorts
- Going home dress
- facial wipes
- Nursing bras – These were the best ones I found my far. I sized up to an XL and they are super comfy.
- face lotion
- headphones (these were super helpful for cell phone or iPad for listening to music)
- initial necklace with baby girls initial
- pocket size hand sanitizer
Baby Girls Bag
- 2 sleeper outfits
- hospital going home outfit (brought the same outfit in 3 months and newborn) She ended up wearing the newborn.
- cute onesie and pants
- diaper bag
- swaddle with her name and bow
- swaddle muslim blanket
- car seat
- *the hospital will have diaper and wipes
- I ordered a name board for her but it didn’t come in time.
For my husband he just packed for a couple nights and made sure we brought an iPad. Also make sure you pack snacks. With being in a pandemic some hospitals cafeterias aren’t open for you to grab snacks.
I hope this list is helpful to you. Let me know if you have any questions.